Who We Are:
Natural Product Holdings is a quickly growing company holding a variety of brands, ranging from eco-friendly pest control & cleaning products (EcoClear Products) to hemp-infused pet products (PetFX) to health-boosting blends for dogs (AppleLove). Our intention is to make a positive impact on the world through more natural product options, across a variety of categories.
We’re looking to build long-term relationships by making the right hires, not the fastest. We’re a mixed remote/in-office team, so rely on project management software and interactive tools to make it all work.
• Three brands.
• 15 ish sub-brands. Working on launching more every day.
• DTC. Retail. Commercial. We play in and support all channels.
• You’ll work across industries/categories to start. Once we know you’re the expert in all our brands, there will be potential for you to specialize..
If you’re intrigued by the challenge, read on.
What You Get:
• Freedom to be creative: You’ll have some brand guides and other basics to work off, but no super-strict corporate guidelines here. This obviously has it’s pros/cons - you should be comfortable working in a start-up esque environment.
• Flexibility. We’ll make sure you have the time and resources you need to create memorable graphics.
• Expanded skills. Need training on a new tool? Time to do “deep focus” and find the absolute best design to drive an ad to 10X ROAS? We got you.
• Support: we believe in our mutual success. We want to see you do well.
• Opportunity to flourish with a growing company. You have the chance to join the team early and become a crucial part of our success.
Directly from the mouth of a most recent hire:
“Working at Natural Product Holdings has been a great experience, and I’m proud to be a part of the company. They truly listen to your ideas and give you the chance to run with your creativity. I’ve felt like part of the team from day one, and your work is valued and appreciated here. The environment is a great mix of professionalism and humor”.
What You'll Do:
• Make awesome, eye-catching, fun creative.
• Help shape the visual aspects of websites, storefronts, product packaging, show booths, digital campaigns, POS, and more.
• Make Shopify product page graphics POP.
• Provide major retail partners with product assets, both ecomm and in-store POS.
• Do some photography yourself, oversee outsourced photographers.
• Maintaining/helping develop the company's brand aesthetics, internally and externally. You keeping the rest of the team (somewhat) on brand standard helps grow the brands overall.
• Review, update, and maintain the brand's visual representation in all aspects of design, including typography, composition, and color. Includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts, and photos, videos etc.
• Request/maintain design briefs and determine actual requirements.
• Conceptualize visuals. Think outside the box. We aren’t afraid of irreverence or snarky humor.
• Develop illustrations, logos, videos, and other assets using software or by hand.
• Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic. Adhere (mostly) to brand guides but, just as crucially, know when to boot them out the window.
• Create graphics for A/B testing across different platforms: FB/IG ads, Google Ads, YouTube, emerging social platforms.
• Help with websites (experience with Shopify or similar).
• Collaborate with the team to create graphics for email (MailChimp/Klaviyo/etc).
• Understand audiences and UX. Know who you’re designing for, and what their customer journey will look like, since it likely starts with your graphics.
• Work with the team to produce final designs.
• Hit deadlines.
What We Need:
• Be organized. Very organized.
• Proven graphic design experience, including digital and print. 4+ years experience required.
• Experience working in CPG, developing labels, working with printers, etc.
• Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
• A keen eye for aesthetics and details. What’s wrong with this sentence?
• Excellent communication skills, familiarity with project management tools like Asana.
• These should be obvious, but we kinda have to include them:
• Proven self-starter - independent thinking will be key.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to work efficiently cross-functionally.
• Strong communication skills and willingness to be scrappy in a start-up setting.
• Happy to learn on the fly - Google and YouTube are your friends.
• Video scripting/editing.
• Experience with and interest in sustainability initiatives.
• Interest in green living, environment, pets, wildlife, nutrition, alternative medicines.
• This role works with the entire Marketing team, reports to the Director of Marketing, and has no direct reports.
• The more examples of your work you can provide, the better.
• Bonus Structure
• Health & Dental Benefits
• Birthdays off after your first year with the company
• Monthly Health/Fitness Benefit
• Bi-weekly lunches for remote team members
• Share a discount with your friends and family
Bonus Points Question:
The most memorable brand creative you’ve seen recently, and why you think that’s the case. Can be a video, a social ad, a product image - whatever. More than one is fine if you simply can’t decide.